Introducing the S.T.E.A.M. Genius Program at The Red Balloon Toy Store!
Have you and your kids joined us for a Smart Kids Day in the past? These fun days allow your children to try out new products and/or make a craft. We are continuing our Smart Kids Days in 2019 with 10 Smart Kids Days. We are also integrating S.T.E.A.M. learning into our activities. As stated below, your children are the innovators, educators, leaders, and learners of the 21st Century. Approaching playtime in a way that includes Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics enables your child to become better at inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking. We are introducing the S.T.E.A.M. Genius program into our Smart Kids Activity Days to encourage parents and kids to bring S.T.E.A.M. into their learning and play-time!
How it Works:
- Each month we will highlight one of the letters of S.T.E.A.M., with a corresponding Smart Kids Day. At each Smart Kids Day there will be a "S.T.E.A.M. Genius Challenge"; an extra activity that your child will do to get certified for that month. Once your child completes the challenge, they will earn a sticker for that month's S.T.E.A.M. letter. Essentially, each Smart Kid Day you attend will earn you a sticker for one of the letters of S.T.E.A.M.. The more you come, the more prizes you earn!
- Once you attend an event for each of the 5 letters of S.T.E.A.M., you earn an awesome prize and become a certified Red Balloon S.T.E.A.M. Genius! Or you can attend all 10 of our events throughout the year and get an even bigger prize!
- Our Smart Kids Days will rotate through S.T.E.A.M. twice, giving us 10 Smart Kids Days in 2019 that you can attend to earn stickers towards your S.T.E.A.M. Genius Certification!
What is S.T.E.A.M.?
- This question is best answered by the specialists at educationcloset.com:
"S.T.E.A.M. is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking. The end results are students who take thoughtful risks, engage in experiential learning, persist in problem-solving, embrace collaboration, and work through the creative process. These are the innovators, educators, leaders, and learners of the 21st century!" (Via https://educationcloset.com/S.T.E.A.M./what-is-S.T.E.A.M./)
Where do I sign up for the Smart Kids Days?
- Emails with dates, times and registration info will be sent out to Toy Club members prior to the event. If you’re not already a member of the Toy Club, you can sign up your local store!
What are the prizes?
- When you come to 2 Smart Kids Days and get 2 letters of S.T.E.A.M. filled in, you get a coupon for 10%* off 1 item
- When you come to 4 Smart Kids Days and get 4 letters filled in: 20%* off 1 item
- When you attend Smart Kids Days for all 5 letters of S.T.E.A.M., you receive an awesome S.T.E.A.M. Genius Gift Bag with small prizes and a $5 Gift Card!
- When you come to 8 Smart Kids Days and get 8 letters filled in: 20%* off your entire purchase
- When you attend all 10 Smart Kids Days for the year and get S.T.E.A.M. filled in twice, you receive the S.T.E.A.M. Genius Gift Bag with even bigger prizes, and a $10 Gift Card!
*Excludes LEGO® and already discounted items. Cannot be combined with other offers. Applicable to new purchases made in-store only.
Do I need to keep track of my own progress on the card?
- Yes! Your card needs to be presented in order to claim prizes. However, it does not need to be brought to each Smart Kids day, as we will send you home with a sticker. Lost cards will be replaced only once.
What if I can't make it to one of the Smart Kids Activity Days?
- Life can be crazy and we get it! Reach out to the store manager of your preferred store and we will do our best to work something out!
Join the Toy Club today to get notified of our Smart Kids Days and begin your S.T.E.A.M. Genius journey.